Mucinex by Cardinal Health
Medically reviewed on June 29, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 600mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 55154-4680
(in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
Guaifenesin 600 mg
Unique Bi-Layer Tablet
White Layer – Immediate Release Layer
Blue Layer – Extended-Release Layer
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- for children under 12 years of age
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
This Unit Dose package is not child resistant and is Intended for Institutional Use Only. KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
If dispensed for outpatient use, a child-resistant container should be utilized.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- FOR YOUR PROTECTION: Do not use if blister is torn or broken.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer homopolymer type B; FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) for information about the drug product or to report side effects. For information about packaging, contact American Health Packaging at 1-800-707-4621.
* The name MUCINEX® and associated trademarked items are used with permission by Reckitt Benckiser
The drug product contained in this package is from NDC # 63824-008 Reckitt Benckiser.
Packaged and Distributed by American Health Packaging, 2550 John Glenn Avenue, Suite A, Columbus, OH 43217
An AmerisourceBergen Company
Zanesville, OH 43701
guaifenesin tablet, extended release
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (188557102)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.