Aspirin Chewable, Low Dose by FRED'S, INC.
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: FRED'S, INC.
NDC Code: 55315-218
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor
Reye's syndrome: Children's and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- for at least 7 days after tonsillectomy or oral surgery unless directed by a doctor
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, dextrates, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, orange enhancer, orange flavor, sodium saccharin
CHEWABLE LOW DOSE
Pain Reliever (NSAID)
Compare to the active ingredient in:
Bayer® Chewable Low Dose Aspirin†
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IN IMPRINTED
SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IN BROKEN OR MISSING
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by
Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered
trademark Bayer® Chewable Low Dose Aspirin.
DISTRIBUTED BY: fred's Inc.
4300 NEW GETWELL RD, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
Questions or comments: 1-331-FRED (3733)
CHEWABLE, LOW DOSE
aspirin tablet, chewable
|Labeler - FRED'S, INC. (005866116)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(55315-218)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(55315-218)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(55315-218)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(55315-218)|
Medically reviewed on May 24, 2018