Cold and Cough by CVS PHARMACY, INC.
Medically reviewed on April 13, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: CVS PHARMACY, INC.
NDC Code: 69842-012
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal and sinus congestion
- runny nose
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 10 softgels in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- in children under 12 years of age
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 softgels with water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 softgels in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- Store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°F-86°F) and avoid excessive heat.
Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, white ink
Call toll free: 1-855-215-8180
|COLD AND COUGH
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - CVS PHARMACY, INC. (062312574)|
|Humanwell PuraCap Pharmaceutical (Wuhan) Co., Ltd.||421293287||manufacture(69842-012), analysis(69842-012)|