STOMACH RELIEF by Harris Teeter
Medically reviewed on April 1, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 525mg in 30mL
Labeler: Harris Teeter
NDC Code: 72036-006
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 30 mL dose cup)
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- travelers’ diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.
Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- shake well before use
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: magnesium 12 mg, sodium 7 mg
- salicylate 233 mg
- low sodium
- Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)and protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if the printed seal under the cap is missing or broken.
benzoic acid, D&C Red No. 22, D&C Red No. 28, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate type 1C, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Pepto-BismolTM.
PROUDLY DISTRIBUTED BY:
HARRIS TEETER, LLC, MATTHEWS, NC 28105.
Upset Stomach Reliever/Antidiarrheal
Each 30 mL dose of oral solution contains:
525 mg bismuth subsalicylate
5-Symptom Digestive Relief:
- Upset stomach
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - Harris Teeter (047279351)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.