Childrens Cough Mucus Relief
Medically reviewed on April 4, 2017.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Discount Drug Mart
NDC Code: 53943-512
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
- temporarily relieves: cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain the bronchial tubes
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions , or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. if you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistant or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- do not use more than directed
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistant headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
Children 6 years to 12 years 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls (tsps) every 4 hours
Children 4 years to under 6 years 1/2 to 1 teaspoonful (tsps) every 4 hours
Children under 4 years do not use
- each teaspoonful contains sodium 3 mg
- store between20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
- Keep carton for full direction for use
anhydrous citric acid, dextrose, D&C red #33, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, maltitol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sucralose, xanthan gum
Call weekdays from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST 1-877-798-5944
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL, UNDER CAP IS TORN OR MISSING
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN CHILDREN'S MUCINEX® COUGH*
Children's Cough Mucus Relief
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Guaifensin 100 mg
Relieves Chest Congestion
Thins & Loosens Mucus
for ages 4 to 12
4 FL OX (118 ml)
* this product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser Inc., the distributer of Childrens Mucinex® Cough.
IF DISSATISFIED, RETURN THE UNUSED PORTION AND PACKAGE TO STORE WHERE PURCHASED. IF UNABLE TO RETURN TO STOORE, SEND REASON FOR DISSATISFACTION, NAME, ADDRESS, AND EMPTY PACKAGE TO: DISCOUNT DRUG MART, 211 COMMERCE DRIVE, MEDINA, OHIO 44256
|CHILDRENS COUGH MUCUS RELIEF
dextromethorphann hbr, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Discount Drug Mart (047741335)|
|Registrant - AptaPharma Inc. (790523323)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.