Banophen by Atlantic Biologicals Corps
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 12.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Atlantic Biologicals Corps
NDC Code: 17856-5174
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Diphenhydramine HCl USP 12.5 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, including one applied topically.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 to 6 hours
- do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 - 4 teaspoonsful (25 mg to 50 mg)|
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 - 2 teaspoonsful (12.5 mg to 25 mg)|
|children 2 to 5 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children under 2 years of age||do not use|
- each teaspoonful (5 mL) contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
artificial cherry flavor, citric acid, D&C Red #33, FD&C Red #40, glycerin, polysorbate 20, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol solution
NDC: 17856-5174-2 5 mL in a CUP
NDC: 17856-5174-1 10 mL in a CUP, UNIT-DOSE
diphenhydramine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Atlantic Biologicals Corps (047437707)|
|Atlantic Biologicals Corps||047437707||RELABEL(17856-5174), REPACK(17856-5174)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Banophen (diphenhydramine)
- Banophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: anticholinergic antiemetics