Colace by Purdue Products LP
Medically reviewed on March 6, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 50mg
Labeler: Purdue Products LP
NDC Code: 67618-111
Colace 50 mg
(in each soft gel)
Docusate sodium 50 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions: Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1-6 soft gels daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||take 1-3 soft gels daily|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each soft gel contains: sodium 3 mg VERY LOW SODIUM
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
Keep tightly closed.
gelatin, glycerin, PEG 400, propylene glycol, sorbitol
Soft gels are imprinted with edible dye-free ink.
©2016, Purdue Products L.P.
Dist. by: Purdue Products L.P.
Stamford, CT 06901-3431
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Purdue Products LP (141916531)|
|Registrant - Purdue Pharma LP (932323652)|
|Catalent Pharma Solutions, LLC||051762268||MANUFACTURE(67618-111)|