Childrens Tylenol by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 160mg
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-522
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- chew tablets completely before swallowing; do not swallow tablets whole
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (tablets)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||1 tablet|
|36-47||4-5 years||1½ tablets|
|48-59||6-8 years||2 tablets|
|60-71||9-10 years||2½ tablets|
|72-95||11 years||3 tablets|
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid high humidity. Protect from light.
- do not use if neck band or foil inner seal imprinted with "TYLENOL" is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, cellulose acetate, crospovidone, D&C red no. 7 calcium lake, D&C red no. 30 aluminum lake, dextrose, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, povidone, sucralose
call 1-800-458-1635 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
acetaminophen tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|