Childrens Cold and Allergy by Fred's, Inc.
Medically reviewed on Feb 20, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Fred's, Inc.
NDC Code: 55315-002
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL (1 tsp) dose )
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema, asthma, or chronic bronchitis
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosage cup provided
- keep dosage cup with product
- do not use any other dosing device
- tsp=teaspoon, mL = milliliter
| adults and children 12 years and over|| 20 mL (4 tsp) every 4 hours
| children 6 to under 12 years || 10 mL (2 tsp) every 4 hours
| children under 6 years|| do not use
• each 5 mL contains: sodium 2 mg
• store at 20-25oC (68-77oF)
• see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
Anhydrous citric acid, FD&C Blue No.1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Questions or comments?
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, distributors of Children’s Dimetapp® Cold & Allergy
Dosage Cup Provided
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS TORN OR MISSING
DISTRIBUTED BY: fred's Inc.
4300 NEW GETWELL RD, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
Cold & Allergy
For Ages 6 Years & Over
Each dose (per 5 mL) (1tsp) of oral solution contains:
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg - Antihistamine
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg – Nasal Decongestant
Relieves Nasal Symptoms:
- Stuffy Nose
- Runny Nose
Plus Other Symptoms:
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
4 FL OZ
Compare To The Active Ingredients In
Children's Dimetapp® Cold & Allergy*
|CHILDRENS COLD AND ALLERGY
brompheniramine maleate and phenylephrine hcl solution
|Labeler - Fred's, Inc. (005866116)|
|Registrant - Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.