Providone Iodine Prep by Jiangsu Province Jianerkang Medical Dressing Co., Ltd
Medically reviewed on February 3, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 10g in 100g
Labeler: Jiangsu Province Jianerkang Medical Dressing Co., Ltd
NDC Code: 34645-5504
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone lodine USP, 10% W/V (equivalent to 0.75% titratable iodine)
- Health-care antiseptic for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- First aid antiseptic to help prevent the risk of skin infection in minor cuts,scrapes,and burns.
For external use only.
- use in the eyes
- use on individuals who are allergic or sensitive to iodine
- apply over large areas of the body
- use as a first aid antiseptic longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor. Discontinue use if irritation and redness develop. Consult a doctor in case of
- deep or puncture wounds
- animal bites
- serious burns.
if the condition persists or gets worse.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
For preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- clean the affected area remove swab by stick
- apply to the operative site prior to surgery. For use as a first aid antiseptic
- clean the affected area
- apply a small amount of this product on the area 1-3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage
- if bandaged,let dry first.
store at room temperature: 15°－30°C(59°-86°F)
- Avoid excessive heat
citric acid, purified water, sodium hydroxide, Nonoxynol-10, glycerin
|PROVIDONE IODINE PREP
|Labeler - Jiangsu Province Jianerkang Medical Dressing Co., Ltd (530968767)|
|Jiangsu Province Jianerkang Medical Dressing Co., Ltd||530968767||manufacture(34645-5504)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.