Vicks NyQuil HBP Cold and Flu
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 30mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg in 30mL, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 12.5mg in 30mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-015
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
NyQuil ® HBP
COLD & FLU
|Active ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg||Antihistamine|
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose and sneezing
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
•take only as directed
•use dose cup provided
•do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
adults & children 12 yrs & over 30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs
children 4 to under 12 yrs ask a doctor
children under 4 yrs do not use
- each 30 mL contains: potassium 5 mg, sodium 38 mg
- store at room temperature and do not refrigerate
acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate
Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
COLD & FLU
DECONGESTANT FREE FOR PEOPLE
WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
12 FL OZ (354 ml)
|VICKS NYQUIL HBP
COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.