Gentle Laxative by Cardinal Health
Medically reviewed on January 17, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 70000-0221
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl 5 mg
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
- relieves occasional constipation and irregularity
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you may have stomach discomfort, faintness or cramps
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children|
12 years and over
|take 1 to 3 tablets
in a single daily dose
|children 6 to under|
12 years of age
|take 1 tablet in a single
|children under 6 years |
|ask a doctor|
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid excessive humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac, silica, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Bisacodyl, 5 mg | Stimulant Laxative
10 ENTERIC COATED
COMPARE TO DULCOLAX® active ingredient*
100% Money Back Guarantee
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Dulcolax® Laxative Tablets.
bisacodyl tablet, coated
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (097537435)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(70000-0221)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(70000-0221)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(70000-0221)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(70000-0221)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(70000-0221)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.