Aspirin by America Medic & Science
Medically reviewed on January 18, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: America Medic & Science
NDC Code: 49638-481
Safety Coated Aspirin
Aspirin, 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
- for other uses, see your doctor, but do not use for more than 10 days without consulting your doctor because serious side effects may occur.
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steriod drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/ fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have not been drinking fluids
- you have lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
- taking any other drug
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ear or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complictions during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use this product if printed safety seal under cap is torn or missing.
Aspirin is not appropriate for everyone, so be sure to talk to your doctor before you begin an aspiring regimen.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor.
- store at 25°C (77°F) excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- use by expiration date on package
anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, iron oxide ochre, polysorbate 80, simethicone, sodium hydroxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, starch
|Labeler - America Medic & Science (071065464)|
|TIME CAP LABORATORIES, INC||037052099||manufacture(49638-481)|