Lansoprazole by Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
Dosage form: capsule, delayed release
Ingredients: LANSOPRAZOLE 15mg
Labeler: Chain Drug Consortium, LLC
NDC Code: 68016-756
Lansoprazole USP, 15 mg
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medication)
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
• adults 18 years of age and older
• this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
• it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
• swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
• take every day for 14 days
• do not take more than 1 capsule a day
• swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules
• do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
• you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
• do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
• children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
• read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
• keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
• store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
• keep product out of high heat and humidity
• protect product from moisture
• close cap tightly after use
acetone, D&C Red #28, D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Blue #1, gelatin, hypromellose, isopropyl alcohol, light magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer type C, polyethylene glycol 4000, polysorbate 80, sugar spheres (which contain sucrose and starch), talc, titanium dioxide. Printing Ink contains butyl alcohol, dehydrated alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, strong ammonia solution, titanium dioxide
1-800-432-8534 between 9 am and 4 pm EST, Monday – Friday.
Compare to the Active ingredient in Prevacid ® 24 HR*
Treats Frequent Heartburn
Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 mg
Does not contain an ingredient derived from wheat,
barley or rye
One 14-Day Course of Treatment
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - Chain Drug Consortium, LLC (101668460)|
|Registrant - Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (001627975)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.