Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Exidine-2 CHG
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 2mg in 100mL
Labeler: Xttrium Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0116-2800
chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
For external use only
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- do not use routinely if you have wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub:
- wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.
- scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingers
- rinse thoroughly under running water for 30 seconds
- wash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 seconds
- dry thoroughly
Healthcare personnel handwash:
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Call 1-800-587-3721 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
Warning: This product can expose you too coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), whichs is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% Solution
Novi, MI 48376 USA
Quality Choice ®
Net Wt 2 fl oz (60 mL)
|ANTISEPTIC SKIN CLEANSER
chlorhexidine gluconate solution
|Labeler - Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. (007470579)|
|Registrant - Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. (007470579)|
|Xttirum Laboratories, Inc.||007470579||manufacture(0116-2800)|
Medically reviewed on Sep 10, 2018
More about chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 34 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- FDA Alerts (2)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse
- Chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Oral)
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Topical)
- Chlorhexidine (Advanced Reading)
- ... +2 more