Mucinex D by A-S Medication Solutions
Medically reviewed on Nov 9, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 600mg, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 60mg
Labeler: A-S Medication Solutions
NDC Code: 50090-1076
|Active ingredients (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)||Purpose|
|Guaifenesin 600 mg||Expectorant|
|Pseudoephedrine HCl 60 mg||Nasal Decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to:
- common cold
- hay fever
- upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days, come back or occur with a fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years and older: 2 tablets every 12 hours; not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Carbomer homopolymer type B; FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
© 2012 RB
NDC: 50090-1076-0 9 TABLET, EXTENDED RELEASE in a BLISTER PACK
guaifenesin and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride tablet, extended release
|Labeler - A-S Medication Solutions (830016429)|
|A-S Medication Solutions||830016429||RELABEL(50090-1076)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.