Acetaminophen by Cardinal Health, Inc.
Medically reviewed on May 8, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 70000-0151
Active ingredient (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature
hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid.
Questions or Comments?
call (800) 795-9775
DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
DUBLIN, OHIO 43017
|Labeler - Cardinal Health, Inc. (097537435)|