Clotrimazole by Central Texas Community Health Centers
Medically reviewed on November 16, 2016
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: CLOTRIMAZOLE 1g in 100g
Labeler: Central Texas Community Health Centers
NDC Code: 76413-327
Clotrimazole 1% (50 mg in each applicatorful)
Clotrimazole 1% (external cream)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation associated due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant, or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief, ask a doctor before using another product
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days.
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or a foul smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- before using this product, read the enclosed educational brochure for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- vaginal cream: insert one applicatorful of cream into the vagina at bedtime for 7 days in a row. Wash applicator after each use.
external cream: use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina.
Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina. Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature between 2° and 30°C (36° to 86°F)
- see end flaps of carton and tube for lot number and expiration date
- Tamper-evident: Safety sealed: the tube opening should be sealed. If seal has been punctured or is not visible, do not use the product.
benzyl alcohol, cetostearyl alcohol, cetyl esters wax, 2-octyldodecanol, polysorbate 60, purified water, sodium phosphate monobasic, sorbitan monostearate
1-800-432-8534 between 9 am and 4 pm EST, Monday- Friday.
Austin's Health & Human Services Dept.
USE AS DIRECTED.
Clotrimazole 1% TOPICAL Cream 30g NDC 76413-327-30
Federal law prohibts the transfer of this drug to any other person than the patient for whom prescribed.
|Labeler - Central Texas Community Health Centers (079674019)|
|Central Texas Community Health Centers||079674019||REPACK(76413-327), RELABEL(76413-327)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.