Clotrimazole by Central Texas Community Health Centers
Medically reviewed on November 16, 2016
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: CLOTRIMAZOLE 1g in 100g
Labeler: Central Texas Community Health Centers
NDC Code: 76413-327
Clotrimazole 1% (50 mg in each applicatorful)
Clotrimazole 1% (external cream)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation associated due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant, or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief, ask a doctor before using another product
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days.
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or a foul smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- before using this product, read the enclosed educational brochure for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- vaginal cream: insert one applicatorful of cream into the vagina at bedtime for 7 days in a row. Wash applicator after each use.
external cream: use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina.
Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina. Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature between 2° and 30°C (36° to 86°F)
- see end flaps of carton and tube for lot number and expiration date
- Tamper-evident: Safety sealed: the tube opening should be sealed. If seal has been punctured or is not visible, do not use the product.
benzyl alcohol, cetostearyl alcohol, cetyl esters wax, 2-octyldodecanol, polysorbate 60, purified water, sodium phosphate monobasic, sorbitan monostearate
1-800-432-8534 between 9 am and 4 pm EST, Monday- Friday.
Austin's Health & Human Services Dept.
USE AS DIRECTED.
Clotrimazole 1% TOPICAL Cream 30g NDC 76413-327-30
Federal law prohibts the transfer of this drug to any other person than the patient for whom prescribed.
|Labeler - Central Texas Community Health Centers (079674019)|
|Central Texas Community Health Centers||079674019||REPACK(76413-327), RELABEL(76413-327)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.