Medibest Milk of Magnesia
Medically reviewed on September 12, 2016.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200mg in 15mL
Labeler: Purine Pharma LLC
NDC Code: 58599-058
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each 15 mL Tablespoon) Purpose
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mg...............…………..........Saline laxative
Use relieves occasional constipation (irregularity). This product usually produces bowel movement in ½ to 6 hours.
● kidney disease
● a magnesium-restricted diet
● stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
● a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
● you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
● do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
● dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor.
- Drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose.
● mL = milliliter; TBSP = Tablespoon
|adults and children 12 years and older||30 mL (2 TBSP) to 60 mL (4 TBSP)|
|children 6 to 11 years||15 mL (1 TBSP) to 30 mL (2 TBSP)|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
● each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: magnesium 500 mg
● each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: Sodium 3mg
● store at room temperature and avoid freezing. Close cap tightly after use.
Inactive ingredients: Citric acid, purified water, sodium hypochlorite
Questions or comments? 1-800-403-5328
|MEDIBEST MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide liquid
|Labeler - Purine Pharma LLC (019950491)|
|Registrant - Purine Pharma LLC (019950491)|
|Purine Pharma LLC||019950491||manufacture(58599-058)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.