ATUSS DA by Carwin Pharmaceutical Associates, LLC
Medically reviewed on October 25, 2016
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CHLOPHEDIANOL HYDROCHLORIDE 12.5mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 30mg in 5mL, BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL
Labeler: Carwin Pharmaceutical Associates, LLC
NDC Code: 15370-140
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL teaspoonful)||Purpose|
|Brompheniramine Maleate 2 mg||Antihistamine|
|Chlophedianol Hydrochloride 12.5 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg||Nasal Decongestant|
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a physician or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a physician or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of an accidental overdose, seek professional help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
|Adults and children 12 years of age and over:||2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) every 6 hours, not to exceed 8 teaspoonfuls (40 mL) in 24 hours.|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 6 hours, not to exceed 4 teaspoonfuls (20 mL) in 24 hours.|
|Children under 6 years of age:||Consult a physician|
Store at 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C)
Citric Acid, Glycerin, Grape Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
Call your physician for medical advice. Serious side effects associated with this product may be reported to this number. 1-844-700-5011 8 am - 5 pm M - F CST
Each teaspoonful (5 mL) for oral
Brompheniramine Maleate 2 mg
Chlophedianol HCl 12.5 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30 mg
GRAPE FLAVORED LIQUID
- Cough Suppressant
- Nasal Decongestant
Sugar Free/Alcohol Free
16 fl oz (473 mL)
chlophedianol hydrochloride, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, and brompheniramine maleate liquid
|Labeler - Carwin Pharmaceutical Associates, LLC (079217215)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.