STOOL SOFTENER by Geri-Care Pharmaceuticals, Corp
Medically reviewed on October 13, 2016
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceuticals, Corp
NDC Code: 57896-421
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- have a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- are presently taking mineral oil
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you need to use a laxative longer than 1 week
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 1-2 tablets daily until first bowel movement; 1 tablet daily thereafter, or as directed by doctor
- children under 12: consult a doctor
- do not exceed recommended dose
- each tablet contains: calcium 50 mg, sodium 8 mg
- for institutional use only
- package not child resistant
- store at room temperature 15°C-30°C (59°F-86°F)
- Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken
cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, silica, stearic acid, talc
docusate sodium tablet
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceuticals, Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861)|
|GCP Laboratories||965480861||manufacture(57896-421), relabel(57896-421)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.