Pain Relief PM by CVS Pharmacy
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg, ASPIRIN 250mg, DIPHENHYDRAMINE CITRATE 38mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-894
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID*)
Diphenhydramine citrate 38 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others]
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- if you ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- in children under 12 years of age
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- you have liver disease
- you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have glaucoma
- you have asthma
- a prescription drug for:
- any other drug, or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- any product that contains aspirin, acetaminophen, or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- new symptoms occur
- painful area is red or swollen
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness.
These could be signs of a serious condition
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime, with a full glass of water
- do not take more than 2 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium sulfate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, zinc stearate
Compare to the active ingredients
in Excedrin® PM Headache†
Pain Relief PM
ACETAMINOPHEN, 250 mg
ASPIRIN (NSAID), 250 mg
DIPHENHYDRAMINE CITRATE, 38 mg
Pain reliever, Nighttime sleep-aid
• Non-habit forming
• For pain with sleeplessness
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED
SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by
Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., owner of the
registered trademark Excedrin® PM Headache.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2016 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
|PAIN RELIEF PM
acetaminophen, aspirin, diphenhydramine citrate tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(59779-894)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(59779-894)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.