Advil PM by Navajo Manufacturing Company Inc.
Medically reviewed on September 20, 2016
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE CITRATE 38mg, IBUPROFEN 200mg
Labeler: Navajo Manufacturing Company Inc.
NDC Code: 67751-147
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Diphenhydramine citrate 38 mg
Ibuprofen 200 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
• for relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains
• helps you fall asleep and stay asleep
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
• hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock • rash • skin reddening • blisters If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away. Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you • are age 60 or older
• have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
• have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
• take more or for a longer time than directed
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
• unless you have time for a full night’s sleep
• in children under 12 years of age
• right before or after heart surgery
• with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
• if you have sleeplessness without pain
• stomach bleeding warning applies to you
• you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
• you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or asthma
• you are taking a diuretic
• you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
• you have glaucoma
• you have trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
• taking sedatives or tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid
• under a doctor’s care for any continuing medical illness
• taking any other antihistamines
• taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
• taking any other drug
• drowsiness will occur
• avoid alcoholic drinks
• do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
• take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
• the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
• you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
• feel faint • vomit blood • have bloody or black stools
• have stomach pain that does not get better
• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
• sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness.
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
• any new symptoms appear
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• do not take more than directed
• adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime
• do not take more than 2 caplets in 24 hours
• read all warnings and directions before use. Keep carton.
• store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
• avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
calcium stearate, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, glyceryl behenate,
hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical ink, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Call toll free 1-800-88-ADVIL
diphenhydramine citrate, ibuprofen tablet
|Labeler - Navajo Manufacturing Company Inc. (091917799)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.