povidine iodine by Dynarex Corporation
Medically reviewed on June 15, 2018
Dosage form: swab
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 10mg in 1mL
Labeler: Dynarex Corporation
NDC Code: 67777-419
Active Ingredient Purpose
Povidone Iodine 10% w/v (9.85% w/w/) Antiseptic
- First aid antiseptic to help prevent skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infections.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- As a first aid antiseptic for more than 1 week.
- In the eyes.
- Over large areas of the body.
- Deep puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Serious burns
- If irritation and redness develop
- If condition persists for more than 72 hours, consult a physician.
Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
Tear at notch, remove applicator, use only once.
As a first aid antiseptic
- clean affected area
- apply 1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage, if bandaged let dry.
For preoperative patient skin preparation
- clean area
- apply to operative site prior to surgery using the applicator
Store at room temperature.
Avoid excessive heat
For use as an
- first aid antiseptic
- pre-operative skin preperation
Inactive ingredients: Citric acid, glycerin, polysorbate 80, sodium citrate USP, sodium phosphate dibasic, water
povidine iodine swab
|Labeler - Dynarex Corporation (008124539)|
More about povidone iodine topical
- Povidone iodine topical Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides