Orajel for Cold Sores Single Dose
Medically reviewed on September 9, 2016
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.13mg in 1g, BENZOCAINE 0.5mg in 1g
Labeler: Team Technologies, Inc
NDC Code: 67659-150
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzalkonium chloride, 0.13%
- to treat cold sores / fever blisters
For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame.
Allergy alert: do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
- in the eyes
- over large areas of the body
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product
- more than 3 times per day
- longer than one week unless directed by a physician
- condition persists or worsens
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- used to treat deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- you are pregnant or nursing a baby
You may feel a brief stinging sensation when you apply it. The sting should go away in a short time.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
In case of overdose, or allergic reaction, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children over 2 years of age:
- Clean the lip area of any lip preparations, lotions, ointments, residual beverages, or cosmetics including lipstick using only warm water or alcohol
- Slide off to remove the protective blue paper cover and slide it on the other end-opposite the white applicator tip
- Squeeze the vial firmly on the arrow shown on the blue paper cap until you hear it snap
- Hold with the white applicator tip down to allow the medication to saturate the tip
- To minimize pain during application gently touch the site of the cold sore with the saturated applicator tip. Once the area is numb, rub the site of the cold sore and the surrounding area. Rub firmly to allow the treatment to deeply penetrate the skin.
- To treat most cold sores, usually one treatment is enough. If your symptoms go away and then return later, apply another dose for the second cold sore
- Do not use more than 3 times per day
- Discard after use.
Children under 2 years of age: ask a dentist or physician.
- Store at room temperature
- The ingredients in toothpaste, soft drinks, and some fruit juices can deactivate the active ingredient in Orajel Single Dose.
- For best results, avoid brushing your teeth with toothpaste or drinking soft drinks or fruit juices for one hour after applying the drug.
isopropyl alcohol (70% v/v), water
Questions or coments? call us at 1-800-952-5080 M-F ET or visit our website at www.orajel.com
|ORAJEL FOR COLD SORES
benzalkonium chloride, benzocaine liquid
|Labeler - Team Technologies, Inc (192339703)|
|Registrant - Team Technologies, Inc (192339703)|
|Team Technologies, Inc||079337800||repack(67659-150), relabel(67659-150)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.