Afrin No-Drip Allergy Sinus
Medically reviewed on April 25, 2017
Dosage form: spray, metered
Ingredients: OXYMETAZOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.05mg in 1mL
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC
NDC Code: 11523-3220
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Oxymetazoline hydrochloride 0.05%
● temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to:
● common cold ● hay fever
● upper respiratory allergies
● temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
● shrinks swollen nasal membranes so you can breathe more freely
Ask a doctor before use if you have
● heart disease ● high blood pressure ● thyroid disease ● diabetes
● trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
When using this product
● do not use more than directed
● do not use more than 3 days. Use only as directed. Frequent or prolonged use may cause nasal congestion to recur or worsen.
● temporary discomfort may occur such as burning, stinging, sneezing or an increase in nasal discharge may occur
● use of this container by more than one person may spread infection
Stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms persist
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
· adults and children 6 to under 12 years of age (with adult supervision): 2 or 3 sprays in each nostril not more often than every 10 to 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 doses in any 24 hour period.
· children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor
Shake well before use. Hold white tabs, press grooved area of cap firmly and turn counter clockwise. Before using the first time, prime metered pump by depressing pump firmly several times. To spray, hold bottle with thumb at base and nozzle between first and second fingers. Without tilting head, insert nozzle into nostril. Fully depress rim with a firm, even stroke and sniff deeply. Wipe nozzle clean after use. Secure cap after use.
· store between 20°C to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
· retain carton for future reference on full labeling
Inactive ingredients benzalkonium chloride solution, benzyl alcohol, camphor, edetate disodium, eucalyptol, menthol, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, polyethylene glycol, povidone, purified water, sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate monobasic
Questions or comments? Call 1-800-317-2165
oxymetazoline hydrochloride spray, metered
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC (112117283)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.