Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping
Medically reviewed on Aug 27, 2018
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 20mg in 1g, Zinc Acetate 1mg in 1g
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
NDC Code: 69968-0223
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2%||Topical analgesic|
|Zinc acetate 0.1%||Skin protectant|
- temporarily relieves pain and itching associated with:
- insect bites
- minor burns
- minor skin irritations
- minor cuts
- rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- dries the oozing and weeping of poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
For external use only
Do not use
- on large areas of the body
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one taken by mouth
Ask a doctor before use
- on chicken pox
- on measles
When using this product avoid contact with eyes
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- protect from excessive heat (40°C/104°F)
cetyl alcohol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol monostearate 1000, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water
Call toll-free 800-524-2624 (English/Spanish)or 215-273-8755 (collect)
JOHNSON & JOHNSON CONSUMER INC.
Skillman, NJ 08558
|BENADRYL EXTRA STRENGTH
diphenhydramine hydrochloride and zinc acetate cream
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (002347102)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.