RID Lice Killing
Dosage form: shampoo
Ingredients: PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE 40mg in 1mL, PYRETHRUM EXTRACT 3.3mg in 1mL
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 0280-9000
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Piperonyl butoxide (4%)
Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)
Uses treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
For external use only
Do not use
· near the eyes
· inside the nose, mouth, or vagina
· on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
· if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When using this product
● keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
● if product gets in eyes, flush with water right away
● scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● breathing difficulty occurs
● eye irritation occurs
● skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
● Important: Read warnings before use
Adults and children 2 years and over:
● check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
● look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
● examine small sections of hair at a time
● unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
● if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
● apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
● allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
● use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly
● for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
● use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
● hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
● if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
● for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
● lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
● keep carton for important product information
● see Consumer Information Insert for additional information
● avoid excessive heat
Inactive ingredients ammonium laureth sulfate, dehydrated alcohol, fragrance, isopropyl alcohol, PEG-25 hydrogenated castor oil, polyquaternium-10, purified water
Questions or comments? 1-800-RID-LICE (1-800-743-5423) (Mon – Fri 9AM – 8PM EST) www.ridlice.com
|RID LICE KILLING
piperonyl butoxide and pyrethrum extract shampoo
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 12, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.