Guaifenesin by Cardinal Health, Inc.
Medically reviewed on Jul 16, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 400mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 70000-0106
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
- helps make coughs more productive
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough, such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms are accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache
- cough persists for more than 1 week or tends to recur
A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately (1-800-222-1222).
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 tablet every 4 hours as needed
- Children 6 to under 12 years: take 1/2 tablet every 4 hours as needed
- Children under 6 years: consult a doctor
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24 hour period or as directed by a doctor.
store at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, stearic acid, sodium starch glycolate.
|Labeler - Cardinal Health, Inc. (097537435)|