Guaifenesin by Cardinal Health, Inc.
Medically reviewed on July 16, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 400mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 70000-0106
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
- helps make coughs more productive
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough, such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms are accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache
- cough persists for more than 1 week or tends to recur
A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately (1-800-222-1222).
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 tablet every 4 hours as needed
- Children 6 to under 12 years: take 1/2 tablet every 4 hours as needed
- Children under 6 years: consult a doctor
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24 hour period or as directed by a doctor.
store at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, stearic acid, sodium starch glycolate.
|Labeler - Cardinal Health, Inc. (097537435)|