Imodium A-D by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Medically reviewed on July 19, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Loperamide Hydrochloride 2mg
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-367
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking antibiotics
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light.
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
See New Warning
Loperamide HCl, 2mg/Anti-Diarrheal
Soft Gelatin Capsules
Controls the symptoms
Suitable for adults and
children 12 years and over
*each liquid-filled capsule contains 2 mg loperamide HCl
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.