Imodium A-D by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 6, 2020.
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Loperamide Hydrochloride 2mg
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-367
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
- a history of abnormal heart rhythm
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light.
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- do not use if blister unit is torn or broken
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
See New Warning
Loperamide HCl, 2mg/Anti-Diarrheal
Soft Gelatin Capsules
Controls the symptoms
Suitable for adults and
children 12 years and over
*each liquid-filled capsule contains 2 mg loperamide HCl
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
- Imodium A-D (3 labels)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Imodium A-D (loperamide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 15 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- FDA Alerts (2)