Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold and Flu Day Liquid Gels
Medically reviewed on October 6, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Bayer Healthcare LLC.
NDC Code: 0280-1136
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each capsule)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
· temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
· minor aches and pains · headache · cough
· sore throat · nasal and sinus congestion
· temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
· more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
· with other drugs containing acetaminophen
· 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin or severe
allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
· skin reddening · blisters · rash · hives
· facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
If a skin or general allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than
2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea,
or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
● with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or
nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains
acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor
(MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping
the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains
an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
● in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
● liver disease ● heart disease ● high blood pressure
● thyroid disease ● diabetes
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this productdo not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
· pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than
· fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
· redness or swelling is present
· new symptoms occur
· cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
· nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
· do not take more than the recommended dose
· adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water
every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as
directed by a doctor.
· children under 12 years: do not use
· store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat above 40ºC
Inactive ingredients ferrosoferric oxide NF, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac purified, sorbitol-sorbitan solution
Questions or comments? 1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST)
MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD AND FLU DAY LIQUID GELS
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Bayer Healthcare LLC. (112117283)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.