Pepto Bismol by JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 50269-476
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
relieves • travelers’ diarrhea • diarrhea • upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: • heartburn • indigestion • nausea • gas • belching • fullness
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
• allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) • taking other salicylate products
if you have • an ulcer • a bleeding problem • bloody or black stool
if you have • fever • mucus in the stool
if you are taking any drug for • anticoagulation (thinning the blood) • diabetes • gout • arthritis
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
• symptoms get worse • ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs • diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• swallow with water, do not chew
• adults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
• do not exceed 8 doses (16 caplets) in 24 hours
• use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
• children under 12 years: ask a doctor
• drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
• each caplet contains: calcium 27 mg • salicylate 99 mg [• very low sodium] • avoid excessive heat (over 104ºF or 40ºC)
calcium carbonate, D&C red No.27 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate
bismuth subsalicylate tablet
|Labeler - JC World Bell Wholesale Co., Inc. (805257581)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.