Epsom Salt by McKesson (Sunmark)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 29, 2020.
Dosage form: granule
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE 1g in 1g
Labeler: McKesson (Sunmark)
NDC Code: 49348-018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Magnesium sulfate USP 100%
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
- kidney disease
- a magnesium restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
presently taking a prescription drug.
- do not use more than directed
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not exceed more than 2 doses per day; if necessary repeat dosage in 4 hours
|adults and children 12 years and older||2-4 level teaspoons dissolved in a full glass (8oz) of water|
|children 6 to 11 years||
1-2 level teaspoons in a full glass (8oz) of water
Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- each teaspoon contains: magnesium 493 mg
Multi use product
Most commonly used as an aid in soaking minor sprains and bruises
Saline laxative for the short term relief of constipation
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF HEAT SEALED CARTON IS IMPROPERLY SEALED.
Another Quality Product Distributed by Mckesson
One Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
magnesium sulfate granule
|Labeler - McKesson (Sunmark) (177667227)|
More about Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: laxatives
- FDA Alerts (5)