Burkhart Topical Anesthetic by Burkhart Dental Supply Inc
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Burkhart Dental Supply Inc
NDC Code: 43498-319
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
For oral mucosal use only, as directed by dentist. For the temporary relief of pain due to minor dental procedures.
Methemoglobinemia warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Allergy Alert: Do not use on patients with a history of allergies to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Do not use
- for more than 7 days unless directed by a physician. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash or fever develops, see your physician promptly.
- for teething
- in children under 2 years of age
When using this product Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush with water.
Do not exceed recommended dosage. If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a physician before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Apply only amount needed to the oral mucosa to prevent or relieve pain.
- children under 2 years of age: do not use
Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C). Protect from freezing.
flavoring, PEG 3350, PEG 400, sodium saccharin. May contain blue #1, green #3, green #5, red #3, red #28, red #40, yellow #5, (tartrazine), yellow #6, as a color additive.
|BURKHART TOPICAL ANESTHETIC
|Labeler - Burkhart Dental Supply Inc (027532357)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 16, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 18 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- FDA Alerts (4)
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Oral Spray
- ... +8 more