Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 5mL
Labeler: Glendale Inc
NDC Code: 70147-313
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each teaspoonful)||Purpose|
|Codeine Phosphate 10 mg||Antitussive (cough suppressant)|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath, or children who are taking other drugs
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition
- new symptoms occur
- product may cause or aggravate constipation
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Take this medication with a full glass of water after each dose to help loosen mucus in the lungs.
|Adults and children 12 years of age and over:||2 teaspoonfuls every 4 hours, not to exceed 12 teaspoons in 24 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:||1 teaspoonful every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 teaspoons in 24 hours|
|Children under 6 years of age:||Consult a doctor|
Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C) [see USP for Controlled Room Temperature]
Citric Acid, Cotton Candy Flavor, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, Call 1-630-530-7000.
Villa Park, IL 60181
Each teaspoonful for oral
Codeine Phosphate* 10 mg
*(Warning: May be habit-forming)
Guaifenesin 200 mg
SUGAR FREE / DYE FREE
Cotton Candy Flavored Liquid
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
Villa Park, IL 60181
16 fl oz. (473 mL)
codeine phosphate and guaifenesin syrup
|Labeler - Glendale Inc (079987961)|
Medically reviewed on May 10, 2018