HEADACHE RELIEF PM by Walgreens
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg, ASPIRIN 250mg, DIPHENHYDRAMINE CITRATE 38mg
NDC Code: 0363-9894
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 250 mg||Pain reliever|
|Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)||Pain reliever|
|Diphenhydramine citrate 38mg||Nighttime sleep-aid|
- For the temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 2 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- in children under 12 years of age
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have glaucoma
- you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- you have trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for:
- any other drug, or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- any product that contains aspirin, acetaminophen, or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- drowsiness will occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of a serious underlying medical illness.
- pain gets worse or last for more than 10 days
- painful area is red or swollen
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- any new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last three months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not use more than directed
- do not use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime, with a full glass of water
- do not take more than 2 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F).
- close cap tightly after use.
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.
Benzoic acid , calcium carbonate, colloidal silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl cellulose, iron oxide yellow, maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose Type 101, microcrystalline cellulose Type 112, medium chain triglycerides, Opadry Blue, pregelatinized corn starch, polysorbate 80, povidone K30, stearic acid, talc, zinc stearate
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED ‡
Acetaminophen / Pain Reliever
Aspirin (NSAID) / Pain Reliever
Diphenhydramine Citrate / Nighttime Sleep Aid
- Caffeine free
- Non-habit forming
Compare to Excedrin
® PM Headache Triple
Action Formula Caplets active ingredients ‡‡
|HEADACHE RELIEF PM
acetaminophen, aspirin, and diphenhydramine citrate tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)|
|Registrant - Spirit Pharmaceuticals LLC (179621011)|
|MOLECULES DRUGS & RESEARCH LABORATORY PVT. LTD.||860240133||manufacture(0363-9894)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 13, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.