Menthol cough drops by BestCo Inc.
Medically reviewed on April 6, 2018
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: MENTHOL 5.8mg
Labeler: BestCo Inc.
NDC Code: 52642-100
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Menthol 5.8 mg
Cough suppressant / oral anesthetic
Cough as may occur with a cold
Occasional minor irritation and sore throat
Sore throat warning:
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting. consult a doctor promptly. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, see your dentist or doctor promptly. These symptoms may be serious.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and consult doctor if
- cough persists for more than 7 days, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- sore throat is severe, or irritation, pain or redness last or worsens.
- sore mouth does not improve in 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
Adults and children 5 years and over: allow 1 drop to dissolve slowly in mouth. May be repeated every two hours as necessary or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 5 years: ask a doctor
- 6 calories per drop
- Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect
acesulfame potassium, blue flakes (FD&C blue #1, glycerin, gum arabic, potassium sorbate), eucalyptus oil, FD&C blue #1, FD&C Red #40, hydrogenated starch hydrosylate, isomalt, N&A flavoring , sucralose & water. Soybean oil and corn starch used as processing aids.
Or to report an adverse event call 1-800-245-2898
Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM EST
|Labeler - BestCo Inc. (002149136)|
|Registrant - BestCo Inc. (002149136)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.