Therapeutic by CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Medically reviewed on Dec 12, 2017
Dosage form: shampoo
Ingredients: COAL TAR 1.02mg in 1mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 59779-850
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
5% Coal Tar Topical Solution USP
(1% Coal Tar)
controls the symoptoms of:
- seborrheic dermatitis
For external use only
a condition which covers a large part of the body
- do not get into eyes. If contact occurrs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water
- use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application
- do not use for prolonged periods without consulting a doctor
- do not use with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs unless directed to do so by a doctor
condition worsens or does not improve after reqular use of this product as directed.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
This product contains chemicals know in the State of California to cause cancer.
- for best results use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor
- wet hair thoroughly
- masage shampoo into scalp
- lather. Leave on hair and scalp for several minutes
- rinse and repeat
- store away from direct sunlight
- in rare instances, discoloration of gray, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide MIPA, cocamidipropl betaine, polysorbate 20, laureth-4, bishydroxyethly dihydroxypropyl stearammonium chloride, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, tetrasodium EDTA, citric acid, fragrance, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, caramel, red-4
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by the Johnson & Johnson Corporation, owner of the registered trademark Neutrogena T/Gel.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Made in the U.S.A. with U.S. and foreign compents.
Compare to Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo*
Therapeutic Dandruff Shampoo
5% COAL TAR TOPICAL SOLUTION USP (1% COAL TAR)
Controls redness, intense itching & flaking of severe scalp conditions
Controls the symptoms of dandruff, sevorrheic dermatitis & psoriasis
6 FL OZ (177 mL)
coal tar shampoo
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
|Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542)|
More about Therapeutic (coal tar topical)
- Therapeutic Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents