Alka-Seltzer Original by Your Safety Company
Medically reviewed on March 14, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, effervescent
Ingredients: ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID 1000mg, ASPIRIN 325mg, SODIUM BICARBONATE 1916mg
Labeler: Your Safety Company
NDC Code: 70262-304
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each tablet)||Purpose|
|Anhydrous citric acid 1000 mg||Antacid|
|Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)||Analgesic|
|Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916 mg||Antacid|
for the temporary relief of:
- heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach when accompanied with headache or body aches and pains
- upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in food or drink
- headache, body aches, and pain alone
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have a sodium-restricted diet
- presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
● fully dissolve 2 tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours|
|adults 60 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years||consult a doctor|
- each tablet contains: sodium 567 mg
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
- Alka-Seltzer in water contains principally the antacid sodium citrate and the analgesic sodium acetylsalicylate
1-800-986-0369 (Mon – Fri 9AM – 5PM EST)
Dist. by: Bayer HealthCare LLC
Whippany, NJ 07981
anhydrous citric acid, aspirin, and sodium bicarbonate tablet, effervescent
|Labeler - Your Safety Company (050622331)|
|Your Safety Company||050622331||RELABEL(70262-304)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.