Chest Rub by Kroger Co
Medically reviewed on February 19, 2018
Dosage form: jelly
Ingredients: CAMPHOR (NATURAL) 48kg in 1g, EUCALYPTUS OIL 12kg in 1g, MENTHOL 26kg in 1g
Labeler: Kroger Co
NDC Code: 30142-248
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Failure to follow these warnings could result in serious consequences
Eucalyptus oil 1.2%
cough suppressant & topical analgesic
- on chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to common cold
- on muscles and jonts, temporarily releives minor aches and pains
For external use only; avoid contact with eyes
- by mouth
- with tight bandages
- in nostrils
- on wounds or damaged skin
- cough tht occurs with too much phlegm ( mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns
- muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
See imporatant warning under "When using this product"
- adults + children 2 yrs + over:
- rub a thick layer on chest + throat or rub on sore aching muscles
- cover with warm, dry cloth if desired
- keep clothing loose about throat/chest to help vapors reach the nose/mouth
- repeat up to three times per 24 hours or as directed by doctor
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
store at room temperature
cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, spirits of turpentine, thymol
The active ingredients in Safeway Medicated Chest Rub work naturally by breathing in the medicated vapors to relieve coughing due to colds. Safeway Medicated Chest Rub also relieves minor aches and pains.
This product is not manufactred or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Vicks VapoRub
DISTRIBUTED BY SAFEWAY INC.
P.O. BOX 99
PLEASANTON, CA 94566-0009
Product of U.S.A.
camphor, eucalyptus oil, menthol jelly
|Labeler - Kroger Co (006999528)|
|Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.