Povidone-Iodine by Medline Industries, Inc.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 0.75g in 100mL
Labeler: Medline Industries, Inc.
NDC Code: 53329-938
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(equivalent to 0.75% available iodine)
- for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
For external use only
- in the eyes
- if you are allergic to iodine or any of the other ingredients in the product
- prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions
- in pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient
- if irritation and redness develop
- if condition persists for more than 72 hours
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison control center right away.
Surgical hand scrub:
- Clean under nails with a nail pick. Nails should be maintained with a 1 millimeter free edge.
- Wet hands and forearms
- Apply 5 milliliters (teaspoonful) or palmful to hands and forearms
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- Use a sterile scrub brush, if desired
- Rinse and repeat scrub
Patient Pre-operative Skin Preparation:
- Prior to surgery, wet skin with water
- Apply scrub to the operative site
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes
- Rinse using sterile gauze or towel, or remove with 70 percent alcohol
- Follow with application of Medline Prep solution and allow to dry
Protect from freezing. Avoid excessive heat.
Citric Acid, Cocamide DEA, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water
|Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc. (025460908)|
|Medline Industries, Inc.||079800021||manufacture(53329-938)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 6, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.