Povidone-Iodine by Medline Industries, Inc.
Medically reviewed on April 6, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 0.75g in 100mL
Labeler: Medline Industries, Inc.
NDC Code: 53329-938
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(equivalent to 0.75% available iodine)
- for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
For external use only
- in the eyes
- if you are allergic to iodine or any of the other ingredients in the product
- prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions
- in pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient
- if irritation and redness develop
- if condition persists for more than 72 hours
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison control center right away.
Surgical hand scrub:
- Clean under nails with a nail pick. Nails should be maintained with a 1 millimeter free edge.
- Wet hands and forearms
- Apply 5 milliliters (teaspoonful) or palmful to hands and forearms
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- Use a sterile scrub brush, if desired
- Rinse and repeat scrub
Patient Pre-operative Skin Preparation:
- Prior to surgery, wet skin with water
- Apply scrub to the operative site
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes
- Rinse using sterile gauze or towel, or remove with 70 percent alcohol
- Follow with application of Medline Prep solution and allow to dry
Protect from freezing. Avoid excessive heat.
Citric Acid, Cocamide DEA, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water
|Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc. (025460908)|
|Medline Industries, Inc.||079800021||manufacture(53329-938)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.