Povidone-Iodine by Medline Industries, Inc.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 0.75g in 100mL
Labeler: Medline Industries, Inc.
NDC Code: 53329-938
(equivalent to 0.75% available iodine)
- for preparation of the skin prior to surgery
- helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
For external use only
- in the eyes
- if you are allergic to iodine or any of the other ingredients in the product
- prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions
- in pre-operative prepping, avoid “pooling” beneath the patient
- if irritation and redness develop
- if condition persists for more than 72 hours
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison control center right away.
Surgical hand scrub:
- Clean under nails with a nail pick. Nails should be maintained with a 1 millimeter free edge.
- Wet hands and forearms
- Apply 5 milliliters (teaspoonful) or palmful to hands and forearms
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes paying particular attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- Use a sterile scrub brush, if desired
- Rinse and repeat scrub
Patient Pre-operative Skin Preparation:
- Prior to surgery, wet skin with water
- Apply scrub to the operative site
- Scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes
- Rinse using sterile gauze or towel, or remove with 70 percent alcohol
- Follow with application of Medline Prep solution and allow to dry
Protect from freezing. Avoid excessive heat.
Citric Acid, Cocamide DEA, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water
|Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc. (025460908)|
|Medline Industries, Inc.||079800021||manufacture(53329-938)|