STOMACH RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTH
Medically reviewed on January 27, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 1050mg in 30mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 69842-005
Active ingredient (in each 30 mL dose cup)
Bismuth subsalicylate 1050 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- travelers’ diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.
Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- shake well before use
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL or 2 TBSP) every hour as needed
- do not exceed 4 doses (120 mL or 8 TBSP) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: magnesium 15 mg, sodium 7 mg
- salicylate 436 mg
- very low sodium
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if printed seal under cap is missing or broken.
- does not meet USP requirements for pH
Benzoic acid, D&C red No.22, D&C red No. 28, flavors, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucralose, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Pepto Bismol® Max Strength.
CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive,
Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2016 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Compare to the active ingredient in
Pepto-Bismol® Max Strength*
1050 mg PER 30 mL
Upset Stomach Reliever/Antidiarrheal
Soothing relief for 5 symptoms:
- Upset stomach
|STOMACH RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTH
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
|Registrant - Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|