STOMACH RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTH
Medically reviewed on Jan 27, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 1050mg in 30mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 69842-005
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each 30 mL dose cup)
Bismuth subsalicylate 1050 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- travelers’ diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.
Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- shake well before use
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (30 mL or 2 TBSP) every hour as needed
- do not exceed 4 doses (120 mL or 8 TBSP) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: magnesium 15 mg, sodium 7 mg
- salicylate 436 mg
- very low sodium
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if printed seal under cap is missing or broken.
- does not meet USP requirements for pH
Benzoic acid, D&C red No.22, D&C red No. 28, flavors, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, purified water, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucralose, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, distributor of Pepto Bismol® Max Strength.
CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive,
Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2016 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Compare to the active ingredient in
Pepto-Bismol® Max Strength*
1050 mg PER 30 mL
Upset Stomach Reliever/Antidiarrheal
Soothing relief for 5 symptoms:
- Upset stomach
|STOMACH RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTH
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
|Registrant - Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|