Triple Antibiotic by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Medically reviewed on July 14, 2017
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: Bacitracin Zinc 400[iU] in 1g, Neomycin Sulfate 3.5mg in 1g, Polymyxin B Sulfate 5000[iU] in 1g
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
NDC Code: 51672-2120
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each gram)||Purpose|
|Bacitracin zinc USP 400 units||First aid antibiotic|
|Neomycin sulfate USP 3.5 mg||First aid antibiotic|
|Polymyxin B sulfate USP 5,000 units||First aid antibiotic|
first aid to help prevent infection in minor:
For external use only.
Do not use
- if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- in the eyes
- over large areas of the body
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- deep or puncture wounds
- animal bites
- serious burns
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you need to use longer than 1 week
- condition persists or gets worse
- rash or other allergic reaction develops
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- clean the affected area
- apply a small amount of this product (an amount equal to the surface area of the tip of a finger) on the area 1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage
- To open: unscrew cap, pull tab to remove foil seal
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- see carton or tube crimp for lot number and expiration date
cocoa butter, cottonseed oil, olive oil, sodium pyruvate, vitamin E, white petrolatum
Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Hawthorne, NY 10532
bacitracin zinc, neomycin sulfate, and polymyxin b sulfate ointment
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (145186370)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Triple Antibiotic (bacitracin / neomycin / polymyxin b topical)
- Triple Antibiotic Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antibiotics
- Triple Antibiotic topical
- Medi-First Triple Antibiotic
- Triple Antibiotic
- Triple Antibiotic Topical (Advanced Reading)