Childrens Cold and Cough by Care One (American Sales Company)
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 10mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 10mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 10mL
Labeler: Care One (American Sales Company)
NDC Code: 41520-613
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Brompheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold, and nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts such occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve with 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||20 mL every 4 hours|
|children 6 to 11 years||10 mL every 4 hours|
|children under 6 years||do not use|
- each 10 mL contains: sodium 5 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
citric acid, FD&C blue 1, FD&C red 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose
Children's Cold & Cough
Brompheniramine Maleate - Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal Decongestant
Compare to the Active Ingredients of CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP® COLD & COUGH*
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Itchy nose or throat
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sneezing, coughing
For ages 6 & over
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, distributors of Children's Dimetapp® Cold & Cough.
|CHILDRENS COLD AND COUGH
brompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl solution
|Labeler - Care One (American Sales Company) (809183973)|
|Registrant - P & L Development, LLC (800014821)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 10, 2018