TYLENOL Cold Plus Mucus Severe
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg in 15mL, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg in 15mL, Guaifenesin 200mg in 15mL, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg in 15mL
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-511
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 15 mL)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- mL = milliliter
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
|adults and children 12 years and over||
|children under 12 years||ask a doctor|
- each 15 mL contains: sodium 5 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
- do not use if neck band imprinted with "TYLENOL COLD + MUCUS SEVERE" or foil inner seal imprinted with "SAFETY SEAL®" is broken or missing
alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
COLD + MUCUS SEVERE
Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan HBr, Phenylephrine HCl, Guaifenesin
Pain Reliever–Fever Reducer, Cough Suppressant, Nasal Decongestant, Expectorant
- HEAD + BODY ACHES
- FEVER + SORE THROAT
- NASAL CONGESTION
- MUCUS + CHEST CONGESTION
8 fl oz (240 mL)
|TYLENOL COLD PLUS MUCUS SEVERE
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 31, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.