Mucinex Fast-Max Congestion and Headache
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-599
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Congestion & Headache
|Active ingredients (in each liquid gel)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 liquid gels in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 liquid gels in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 liquid gels every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- avoid excessive heat
FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin (soy), mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, sorbitol, titanium dioxide, water
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in China
Fast Dissolving Liquid Gels!
Acetaminophen – Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr – Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Decongestant
- Relieves Headache & Fever
- Controls Cough
- Relieves Nasal Congestion
(Liquid Filled Capsules)
FOR AGES 12+
CONGESTION AND HEADACHE
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|