Family Dollar Nighttime Severe Cold and Cough honey lemon infused with chamomile and white tea flavors
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 11, 2020.
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg, DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 25mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg
Labeler: Quality Home Products
NDC Code: 64525-0566
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Active ingredients (in each packet) Purpose
Acetaminophen 650 mg ........................................Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg .........Anitihistamine/Cough suppressant
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg...................................Nasal decongestant.
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains - headache - minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion - cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose - sneezing - itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- itchy nose and throat
- temporarily reduces fever.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take - more than 6 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount - with other drugs containing acetaminophen - 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include - skin redenning - blisters - rash. If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- In a child under 4 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription and nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease - heart disease - high blood pressure - thyroid disease - glaucoma - diabetes - trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland - a breathing problem such as emphysema, asthma, or chronic bronchitis - cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) - cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema.
- a sodium restricted diet.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product:
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- symptoms do not get better or worsen
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- take every 4 hours; not to exceed 6 packets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
|children 4 to under 12 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||one packet|
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water: stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- each packet contains: potassium 10 mg, sodium 47 mg
- phenylketonurics: each packet contains phenylalanine 13 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25C (68-77F). Protect from excessive heat and moisture.
Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, Aspartame, Caramel Color, D and C Yellow 10, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Sodium Citrate, Starch and Sugar.
|FAMILY DOLLAR NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD AND COUGH
HONEY LEMON INFUSED WITH CHAMOMILE AND WHITE TEA FLAVORS
acetaminophen, diphenhydramine hcl and phenylephrine hcl granule, for solution
|Labeler - Quality Home Products (205554157)|
More about acetaminophen / diphenhydramine / phenylephrine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 5 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (2)
- Acetaminophen, diphenhydramine, and phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Phenylephrine Pods
- Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Phenylephrine Powder Packet
- Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Phenylephrine Tablets
- Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Phenylephrine Liquid
- Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine, and Phenylephrine Suspension