Childrens Plus Multi Symptom Cold
Medically reviewed on March 21, 2018
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Care One (American Sales Company)
NDC Code: 41520-704
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- nasal congestion
- stuffy nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occurif your child takes:
- more than 5 doses (10 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- liver disease
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts for more than 5 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adultsas well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- shake well before using
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device.
- keep dosing cup with product
- do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hours period
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose, otherwise, use age.
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|36-47||4-5||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|under 36||under 4||do not use|
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
- do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
For Ages 6-11 Years
Children's Multi-Symptom Cold
Pain Relief / Fever Reducer - ACETAMINOPHEN, 160 mg
Antihistamine - Chlorpheniramine Maleate, 1 mg
Cough Suppressant - Dextromethorphan HBr, 5 mg
Nasal Decongestant - Phenylephrine HCI, 2.5 mg
FOR RELIEF OF:
- Fever & Sore Throat
- Sneezing and Runny Nose
- Stuffy Nose
Dosage Cup Provided
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
FOODHOLD U.S.A., LLC
LANDOVER, MD 20785
|CHILDRENS PLUS MULTI SYMPTOM COLD
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride suspension
|Labeler - Care One (American Sales Company) (809183973)|