Hemorrhoidal by Discount Drug Mart Inc.
Medically reviewed on June 21, 2018
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: MINERAL OIL 14g in 100g, PETROLATUM 74.9g in 100g, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.25g in 100g
Labeler: Discount Drug Mart Inc.
NDC Code: 53943-989
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Mineral oil 14%
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external and/or intrarectal use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment.
- when first opening tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- intrarectal use:-remove cover form applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum - thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- also apply ointment to external area
- regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at 20 o to 25 oC (68 o to 77 oF)
bees wax, butylated hydroxytoluene, cod liver oil, glycerin, lanolin, methylparaben, paraffin wax, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate, squalane, thyme oil, tocopherol acelate
mineral oil petrolatum phenylephrine hcl ointment
|Labeler - Discount Drug Mart Inc. (047741335)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Hemorrhoidal (phenylephrine topical)
- Hemorrhoidal Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: anorectal preparations