VCF CONTRACEPTIVE by APOTHECUS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP.
Medically reviewed on November 6, 2017
Dosage form: film, soluble
Ingredients: NONOXYNOL-9 280mg
Labeler: APOTHECUS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP.
NDC Code: 52925-112
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
for the prevention of pregnancy
- For Vaginal Use Only
- Not for rectal (anal) use
This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs and may increase the risk of getting HIV from an infected partner.
Do not use if you or your sex partner has HIV/AIDS. If you do not know if you or your sex partner is infected, choose another form of birth control
- you may get vaginal irritation (burning, itching or a rash)
- you or your partner get burning, itching, a rash, or other irritation of the vagina or penis
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product, read the enclosed package insert for complete directions and information
- be sure your fingers are dry before touching the film
- insert one film and place as far into the vagina as possible against the cervix
- insert VCF® not less than 15 minutes and not more than 3 hours before intercourse
- use one film before each act of intercourse
- When used correctly every time you have sex, latex condoms greatly reduce, but do not eliminate, the risk of catching or spreading HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
- Use a latex condom without nonoxynol-9 if you or your sex partner has HIV/AIDS, multiple sex partners, or other HIV risk factors.
- VCF® is tested by independent laboratories for determination of sperm inactivating qualities, using the I.P.P.F. agreed protocol
- Store at 58° - 86°F (15°-30°C)
glycerin, polyvinyl alcohol, purified water
1-800-879-2393 (9-5 E.S.T.)
Distributed By: Apothecus Pharmaceutical Corp., Oyster Bay, NY 11771
nonoxynol-9 film, soluble
|Labeler - APOTHECUS PHARMACEUTICAL CORP. (119263747)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.